This pattern is by Sandi Henderson. I made it in size 2T for a sweet little gal at my church.
This was a new pattern for me and it did push me out of my comfort zone. But after the success of the “Wendy” dress I felt pretty confident. For some reason I don’t want to make a mock up out of fabric I don’t really like since it sort of feels like a waste for my limited sewing time but usually I chicken out when it comes to cutting into things I love if I have less then say six yards of it. I know, very strange, but I am making an effort to create more things out of the fabrics I love and there isn’t a shortage of them around my house.
Anyways on to the dress. I used mostly Amy Butler fabrics with a little Ginger Blossom thrown in for good measure. These are also my first button holes. The dress isn’t perfect but I feel like I learned a lot.
And there are certainly some things I will do differently next time. I will say that this skirt is crazy full and it was a bit of a challenge to gather it all into the ity bity little bodice.
This was a collaborative effort for Margaret and I. I picked out the fabrics from my stash. We both picked the pattern from my magic patter box. Margaret traced the pattern and cut out the fabric and I sewed it up. I hope to add a modelling shot of Miss Emma wearing it when we give it to her tonight at church